Planning healthy lunch means making good food choices during your work day.Stop grabbing greasy fast food and try one of these six healthy lunch ideas for work.
- pita sandwiches
- pita or pocket bread
- fill them with anything you like
- mix albacore tuna and finely shredded carrots with light mayo and a little mustard
- stuff into a pita pocket with lettuce, tomatoes, sliced onions and pickles.
Fresh Veggie Pita
- fill a pita with hummus, alfalfa sprouts, sliced tomatoes, cucumbers and red bell pepper.
Chicken Caesar Pita
- leftover chicken caesar salad
- fill a pita for a fast and easy lunch
- sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
Salads with low-fat dressings
- prevent a salad from wilting before lunch,
- pack it with the dressing in a separate container,
- pour it on right before you eat.
- romaine lettuce, diced tomatoes, diced cucumbers and Kalamata olives
- mix and add a light vinaigrette of your choice.
- delicious Italian classic
- drizzle extra virgin olive oil on layers of diced tomatoes, sliced fresh Mozzarella cheese and shredded fresh basil
- sprinkle with salt and fresh ground pepper.
Asian Shrimp Salad
- mix leftover noodles (whole wheat spaghetti or linguine works well) with carrots, edamame, sugar peas, baby corn, thinly sliced bell peppers and grilled or sauteed shrimp
- toss with your favorite Asian vinaigrette
- let it marinate in the fridge overnight.
I’ve healthy and happy life …