Diabetics should follow a diet and consume foods that regulate blood sugar and to stay away from the following 20 foods:
1. White rice, bread, and flour:
- These low-quality carbohydrates interfere with the blood glucose levels
- consume whole grains ( brown rice, oats, and barley)
2. Dry fruits:
- avoid dry foods because the sugars in them are more concentrated as they are dehydrated
- replace them with grapefruit and strawberries.
- that interferes with blood glucose levels
- avoid it completely.
4. Processed meat:
- has rich content of sodium that increases the risk of heart attack or stroke if you suffer from type 2 diabetes.
- consume meats that a low in sodium
- avoid toppings, or use the ones that don’t have a lot of carbs and fats
- use cucumbers, spinach, and mustard for your sandwiches.
5. Fried Foods:
- fried foods are not healthy for us
- avoid French fries, fried chicken, potato chips, and other deep fried foods
- some oil are used while preparing these foods, meaning that you will consume more calories
- restaurants use hydrogenated oils with high trans fats
- people with diabetes should always take care of the amount of trans fats.
6. Full-Fat Dairy:
- this products contain saturated fats
- they can increase the bad cholesterol (LDL) and the risk of heart disease.
- if you have diabetes you should avoid cream, full-fat yogurt, ice-cream, and cream cheese
- saturated fat increase the resistance to insulin
- use low-fat or fat-free dairy products!
7. Breakfast cakes:
- all types of things eaten for breakfast( muffins, cakes, cinnamon rolls or donuts ) are full of trans-fats and sodium and trans fats
- consume the ones without sugar and fat
- you can prepare them at home.
- contain plenty of calories
- 59 grams of fat
- 830 calories
- 39 of carbohydrates
- diabetics need to avoid them.
9. Bananas and melons:
- contain the most sugar,
- avoid them if you don’t want to increase your levels of sugar
- peaches contain plenty of sugar.
10. Fruit juice:
- contain healthy carbohydrates
- contain plenty of fiber
- are the best option for diabetics
- fruit juices are more nutritious than soda
- contain concentrated sugar which can increase your sugar levels.
11. Thick cuts of meat:
- avoid fatty meats
- contain plenty of saturated fats
- increase cholesterol and cause inflammation throughout the body
- increase the risk of heart disease
- change it for fish, skinless chicken, lean meat, turkey or pork loin.
12. Sugary foods:
- contain plenty of sugar
- are with a low nutritional value
13. Chinese Food:
- foods that come from China are rich in fat, sodium, carbs and calories
- make sure to avoid this kind of food as it can make your blood sugar very high.
14. Blended Coffees:
- are tasty because of their toppings (sugar and fat), whipped cream, syrup, sugar, etc
- if you want to drink this coffee make sure to take the coffee that is without sugar and use low-fat milk as well.
- Almost every cereal consists of sugar
- in this way it can obtain that sweeter taste
- we can found some cereals where they contain some added sugar.
- People love pizza because it is very delicious
- it is easy to prepare and has a rich content of calories
- avoid commercial pizza and try to prepare it at home .
17. Smoothies purchased:
- they are labeled the healthiest drinks on the market but they are far from being that because they have a lot of sugar
18. Energy bars:
- are dangerous for diabetics
- reduce their consumption.
- are full of saturated fats,
- they elevate cholesterol
- they are harmful to diabetics.
20. Flavored waters:
- contains some flavor
- it is full of sugar,
- avoid it.
Live healthy and plainlive …